We are keen to speak to suitably qualified people looking for a full time role in North Devon.
Training Officer – Apprenticeship Trainer/Assessor
Reporting to: Head of Delivery
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours per week (5 days).
Start: August 2023
- 33 days holiday including Bank Holidays.
- Company laptop and mobile phone
- Access to training
- Company pension
- Death in Service Cover
- Access to Wecare wellbeing support
- Salary sacrifice private health care
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
All appointments are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks, including a satisfactory enhanced criminal records with Barred List check through the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please send a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com
About the role
The role is centred around managing a caseload of learners delivering training, assessment, support and guidance whilst they undertake their apprenticeship training. We are looking for someone who is passionate about training people and who is equally passionate about the engineering and manufacturing industry.
Key to this role is your ability to build meaningful working relationships with each apprentice and the businesses within which they are employed. You will be involved in the full lifecycle of the apprenticeship process including talking to your companies about new apprentice vacancies, interviewing potential apprentices, attending career fairs to promote apprenticeships, inducting appointed apprentices, carrying out workplace delivery of the apprenticeship including assessment, observations, training and preparation for end point assessment.
You will have knowledge and understanding of recent developments in vocational training, assessing, and verifying, as well as knowledge Apprenticeship Standards.
- Carry out workplace assessments, reviews and set action plans for apprentices studying at levels 2, 3 and 4 in line with our delivery model, our KPIs and Awarding Body requirements.
- Coach, monitor and mentor learners in their chosen apprenticeship pathway and provide instruction, guidance and support to keep them on track and to achieve a successful timely outcome. Share your knowledge and expertise in an engaging manner.
- Assist the employer in the building of a Company Training Plan to compliment the apprenticeship standard.
- Provide support and training for Functional Skills (English & Maths) when required.
- Manage and support the learner’s release to the appointed college.
- Manage your employers and support them through the process of employing an apprentice. Foster continued business with the employer both through encouraging the employment of new apprentices and through offering training solutions for existing staff.
- Interview candidates who have applied for an apprenticeship vacancy and have the ability to offer advice and signpost them if unsuitable for the apprenticeship.
- Attend careers events and those organised by ourselves to represent us as a training provider, promote engineering as a career and apprenticeships as a route way.
- Recognised qualification in Engineering at Level 3 or above.
- Experience working within an engineering or manufacturing role, ideally at a supervisory/management level.
- Qualified assessor (TAQA, A1, D32, D33) however, we will consider applicants without this qualification. If you do not hold one, we will support you in gaining the qualification within the first 9 months of employment.
- A relevant Teaching qualification however, we will consider applicants without this qualification. If you do not hold one, we will support you in gaining the qualification during your employment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of people and solution focused, with the ability to problem solve.
- Comfortable working on your own, organising your workload to meet delivery KPIs and flexible with your work hours. Rarely, events may not fall within normal working hours.
- A valid driving licence - travel to different employer’s sites is essential and cannot be achieved on public transport.
- Based in or willing to relocate to North Devon.